Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Horticulture Show East Tx State Fair

     If you love gardening in unusual containers, this show is for you.   There are still a few days for you to register.  The deadline is Sept. 26, 11am - 1:45pm.  This is such a fun show, for the inventive and creative.  There is a list of general rules on the website.  You have to be able to scientifically name your plants.  Must be in fresh dirt and container.  The items will be divided up into classes.  This would be a great idea to spend time with your children introducing them to gardening.  Show them how to think outside the box of what you can grow plants in.
http://www.etstatefair.com/events/2014/horticulture-show   Here is a link to the page so you can see the pdf download of the rules and the registration form.

This picture is an example of a winning applicant from last year. It is in the category "Re-purposed Planters" If you place or win, you are awarded a ribbon accordingly. Also, your name will be in the paper and on the website I think.  There are three categories to enter.  "Backyard Botanical's", "Tom Thumbs Garden", and "Fancy Plants".  All the categories have different sections you can enter.  


This is a picture of an entry in the category "Fancy Plants".  It is titled "Fair Memories".  There are a lot of different things you can enter in the fair.  I think I am going to try this next year.  I would most likely do re-purposed containers.  Maybe if I give myself a year, I can fit it into my schedule.  Something to think about :)



No comments:

Post a Comment